Attention Parents & Guardians:
As you may have heard today (May 15th), an official announcement has been made from the Ministry of Education to reopen schools starting June 1st.
As parents that have also become teachers overnight, you have done and are doing a GREAT job!! We are almost there! Trust me when I say that we fully understand how trying and tricky this time has been at home. We have continued to keep every single CCS family in our prayers whilst also keeping closely dialed in to the weekly directives of the Ministry.
As administrators, we have done our level best to keep in step with the orders that have been placed by Dr. Henry as we believe God honours those that honour their leaders. Today’s news is very exciting for us to hear as we have missed you and your children so much these past 2 months! Please continue reading for some VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Please read thoroughly as we fully intend to follow-through with everything listed to ensure the safety and security of every student and staff member. Soooo…without further ado:
AFTER READING THE POINTS BELOW, PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL WITH EITHER:
‘YES, MY CHILD(REN) WILL BE ATTENDING SCHOOL IF RE-OPENING HAPPENS,’
‘NO, MY CHILDREN WILL NOT BE ATTENDING SCHOOL IF RE-OPENING HAPPENS.’
BY WEDNSEDAY, MAY 2OTH. IF YES, INCLUDE THE NAMES AND GRADES OF EACH CHILD ATTENDING AS WELL AS AN EMERGENCY CONTACT AND PHONE NUMBER OTHER THAN YOURSELF THAT WE CAN CALL IF YOUR CHILD IS SICK.
We trust you are doing well. As we make plans to re-open our school on a modified basis on June 1st, we wanted to let you know of a few key things.
- Attendance will be optional but you must decide if your child(ren) will be coming and coming consistently so that we can make plans for appropriate numbers. There will be NO making decisions about attendance the day of unless you’ve already committed to coming and your child is sick that day.
- Parents will NOT be allowed access to the building unless there is an extenuating circumstance. There MAY be some exceptions for our primary building. We will have signs and designated pick up and drop off spots outside. Staff will collect their students to take them to class and then deliver them back to that spot at pick up time.
- The school day will run from 9:00-2:00 on alternating days and will include as much outdoor learning as weather permits and is possible with lessons
- The student body has been divided into two groups. On week one, group A will attend Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Group B will attend on Tuesday and Thursday. On week two, group A will attend Tuesday and Thursday and group B will attend Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Once you confirm that your child(ren) will be attending, we will let you know which group you are in.
- Before deciding if your child will be attending, please consider their immune system as well as those in your immediate circle. If anyone is immune compromised, we do not recommend attendance though the final decision is personal and unique to each family.
- If your child has symptoms of any kind, they will not be allowed to attend school. We will be doing wellness checks on each person entering our building every single day.
- We commit to continue with frequent handwashing, sanitizing and cleaning of all high touch surfaces, social distancing and care for each student who enters our doors.
- If you choose NOT to send your children, we will continue to send packets home for them to work on until the end of the school year. Teachers will not be doing whole class zoom meetings BUT will have office hours each day where students working from home can check in and meet with their teachers.
- If you have requested tuition subsidy, that will continue until the end of the school year.
- We need to have a current, reliable emergency contact on file for your child if you wish to send them to school. Whoever your contact is, must be communicated to the office BEFORE your child can come to school. That contact must be readily available to come and pick up your child should they get sick and we cannot get a hold of you.
- We will NOT be able to microwave or heat up any lunches or food for students for the time being so please send snacks and lunches that are self-contained and do not need heating up.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Cori Richard & Heather Thiessen